1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 4 help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by peatfast, Dec 12, 2004.

1. peatfast

peatfast Guest

Hey, me and my brother just put the flip top on my new version 4 ps2. It is pretty old of course, so I was wondering, I'm having pretty bad loading times on my burned games. could it be because the disc are dvdr+ or because the playsation is just a piece of crap? Or a bit of both?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

+R is most likely your problem. try some good quality -r and it should work.

3. halo13

halo13 Regular member

i cant seem to get my backups to boot. I have a ver.4 ps2 and am useing ritek g04 -r media. Laser seems to be sturggling every time. some one help!

4. peatfast

peatfast Guest

Well, my playstation loads loads the dvdr+ disk.. it just plays like crap. So i should expect -r to work better i guess..

5. ciderv2

ciderv2 Regular member

halo, try cleaning and adjusting your laser (search the forums for information on that) and peatfast, if you are having bad load times the dvd-r's should help, if not think about booting games off of a hard drive, load times are much quicker