1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 4 PS2 modded no solder

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by dapirogy, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dapirogy

dapirogy Member

Well i have been having troubles with it, First i would like to tell you that i have a mod chip but don't know the name (Stupid guy that sold it to us probably jacked it off someone) O.K. We have bought 3 burned games to play on our PS2 and 2 other burned games that came with our PS2. Were using Gameshark 2 as a boot up disk (I know, it sucks right?) So Yeah, I got 2 games, Mortal Kombat armageddon and GTA3. BOTH OF THEM WORK. But the other 3 games -Bully -Final Fantasy 12 -God Of War Don't work...

I do the normal boot procedure i got off google...

1)Load up gameshark
    2)Eject game shark
    3) Replace with game
    4)Let it load
    5) press start game, without codes and keep pressing X rapidly untill game starts.

I have tried those but in the end it finally makes the sound of doom...

*Pluk* AND IT STOPS GOING!

I need some help here i don't know what to do. Is it my PS2 Not reading the disks? (New games are using DVD+R i suppose)
    And i say that because of the swap magic guide where it says some versions of PS2 may not support DVD+R Instead DVD-R.

I hope someone helps me ASAP

thanks in advance

Simon

2. bubbles32

bubbles32 Guest

mayb it dusnt like u? haha jks

3. dapirogy

dapirogy Member

Nice job spamming. Mr No brain

4. croy00

croy00 Member

Whew... anybody reading my posts is going to say I repeat this a lot but here it goes anyway. Ok One thing you should probably look at is the brand and quality of the disks that you are using. The problem is you bought these backups which you shouldn't tell people. Therefore you can't be sure as too what speed they were burned at whether the burner was a piece or anything. This actually makes a big difference as the ps2 laser is very tempermental. Always use a high quality disk a check too see what is better for your ps2 might want dvd-r or dvd+r. Burn them at half of the disks maximum speed ie. Disk is max 16x burn at 8x. P.S. I am unsure as to why you would buy burned games when originals cost under $10 for good games at walmart. As for the other more expensive ones, the ps3 is out so it is only a matter of time before they hit the bargain bin as well. For more detailed information search burning ps2 games. Good luck