1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 4 Questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by toxicity, Feb 17, 2005.

1. toxicity

toxicity Member

Alright, a friend of mine modded his XBOX and it has gotten me to want to mod my PS2. I have a version 4 PS2. I was looking at the DMS4 Lite Modchip. THe questions I have are:
    Since I have no soldering experience should I just get it professionally done?
    If so, by who(cheapest and best quality)?
    Since I'm new to mod chips, will I be able to put emulators on the hard drive I would install?
    Where, and how would I get emulators to install, if it is possible?
    What is the reccomended size hard drive to get?
    Anything else about modding a PS2 that I probably have forgotten?
    Thanks for all the help, and putting up with a n00b to modding.

2. toxicity

toxicity Member

Anyone? I'm a n00b when it comes to mod chips, but now I'm thinking about going with the Pro instead of the Lite, anyone have any answers to my questions?

3. magnum100

magnum100 Member

go to consolesource.com and click on playstation 2 then mod chips. they have a solderless dms4 chip thats just as good. i just ordered one dude. i hate soldering so i went with this one. its called the dms4 lit e.z.i. (ezi means effort zero installation). hope this helps man

4. toxicity

toxicity Member

Is the pro available in the ezi? How can I put emulators and such on this? Can I put a hard drive in? How big of one?