1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

version 7 no solder modchip problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by daclown81, Mar 5, 2003.

1. daclown81

daclown81 Member

Hi, I purchased a no solder version 7 for my v7 PS2. Installed the chip and now when I go to use Swap Magic or GS, when I hold the eject button in for 3 secs to make the swap, instead of the tray opening like it should, I get a high pitched beep noise and thats it. Is there a different way to boot a V7 one?

Thanks

2. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

A) are you sure you got a no solder modchip for v7? Some older no solder modchips only support v6 and below
    B) do original ps2 games work?

Thanks

3. daclown81

daclown81 Member

Yes, I ordered a version 5-6-7 and thats what the invoice says that I received. I contacted support, but haven't heard anything. Might be a bad chip???

Yeah regular games work, its only when you hold the eject button in that it makes the noise.

I used to have a version 5 PS2 and no solder chip and the lights would change colors when I installed the chip and held in the eject button. This one doesn't do that. Not sure what's wrong.

Thanks

4. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

Where did you purchaise the chip? Are you sure you installed it correctly? V7 no solders install slightly different than V5/6s

5. daclown81

daclown81 Member

Oh, it looks a lot like the version 5 no solder I used to have. I just plugged it into the 2 spots where the 2 ribbon cables go and plugged them into the mod. Not sure How else it would be installed. Do you know?

Got it from www.consolesource.com

6. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

7. daclown81

daclown81 Member

Oh, I see. Mind doesn't look like that. It only has 2 places to plug the ribbon into. doesn't have that other slot. Maybe they sent me the wrong chip. Thanks for your help!!

8. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

no problem. good luck!