1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 9 modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dirt23, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

I've been looking around and cant really find any version 9 mod chips. can anyone show me where to get a good one or have one to sell? Thanks

2. FFW

FFW Member

You need the DMS3 v.9 to work for ps2's version 9 and up

3. caza

caza Member

the messiah 2 is a great chip i have one v.9. try the web site www.plstationchips.co.uk or use a search engine like google and type in ps2 chips.

4. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

[bold]DO NOT[/bold] get a Messiah for a version 9 - they are a bad option, ei. they burn out PS2's very quickly as they cause excessive currents during boot phases.

Choice #1 = DMS3 v9
    Choice #2 = Magic V 50K
    Choice #3 = forget modding your system

Cheers!

5. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

brad thats for v9 NOT v10 right??

6. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I wouldn't put a Messiah in a v10 either.

The version 9 and 10 are very similar units, I would expect the same issues with the latter as well.

Times are a changin' guys. I use Magics right now, but they will garbage in the near future as well.

Get yourself a DMS3 and be done with it. Upgrading chips suck, believe me!

All I want is a bullet proof mod so I can play my backups without any bullshit.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]AMD Athlon 1800+
    Sony DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW
    Verbatim Data-Life Plus
    Windows XP Pro
    Sony Playstation 2 V.7
    Magic V50K[/bold]
    [​IMG][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2004
  7. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

but all known problems are with the v9 not v10 and the messiah 2 ver 1.33b is meant for the v10 (50001)

8. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

If i read up right 50001 can be both a version 9 or 10 depending on your date code. I was told if you had a 3D for the date code then you had a version 10. My serial is a 50001 but my date code is a 3B so i assume i have a version 9. correct me if im wrong. In any case i got a DMS3 version 9/10 from modchip.com...the only thing is that i was supose to get a email with my trackin info and havnt gotten it yet and i oreder it 2 days ago so who knows whats up with that. On a quick side note i need some one to install it so if ur interested or whatever let me know.

9. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

well mine says 3D...so i guess it a v10 but i thought all 50001 are v10

10. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Where you located Dirt23?

11. fly_low

fly_low Member

I can do your install.
    check out my site WWW.ps2modco.com
    still working on the site but the info is there.

12. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

lol i found it funny that ur in Gloucester cuz i use to go to Essex like 3 times a year but now i stoped going there after my last trip to see the patriots and bills play...im outide of buffalo would have saved me alot on the shipping charge but oh well. How much do you charge for a DMS3 and i already have the chip?

13. fly_low

fly_low Member

Sorry about Bledsoe lol
    I install DMS for $75 free return shipping
    sorry haven't finished my site yet
    email me with the yahoo address listed on ps2modco.com

14. Dirt23

Dirt23 Guest

screw Bledsoe lol i went up there to watch the pats kill the bills...i hate the bills! i've liked the patriots since i was 10 and im glad their doing something so i dont have to take crap on how the suck now. i'll let you konw in about a week...checkin out some options here still.