1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version Identification Help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bmx3697, Oct 24, 2004.

1. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

I have checked quite a few version guides... which all seem to be 95% the same or more, heh. Anyways I'm trying to figure out what version my PS2 is obviously, but I'm getting tons of mixed messages. It says if I have a certain screw in my expansion bay then I have a V5/V6, if I don't it's a 4. Well I don't, so it's a 4 right?(maybe) Then comes contradiction. It says if my model # is 30001 R then I must have a v5/v6... but I don't have the screw they're talking about, so it's supposed to be a v4. Then comes the electric shock warning on the bottom. I've seen many sites opinions, most of them say If I have it(which I do), that it's a v4. But I've come across a few sites that say both v4 and v5's have the warning label. So basically I have Model #30001 R which is supposed to be a v5/v6 model #, but I don't have the screw in my bay so it should be a v4. And then I DO have the electric shock label. Sorry to make this so drawn out I'm just trying to work some things out in my head as I go. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i assume that you want to find out what model ps2 you have because you want to mod it, if so what mod are you thinking about as some mods will fit all those versions

3. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

I actually just wanted to know my exact version so I could send that in to the maker of the HDLoader compatability page... because some games he has listed as works fine either don't work or don't install on mine.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok fair enough but from what you say my best guess would be you have a v4 ps2

5. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

That's what I was figuring but then I got to thinking... the SCPH # is your board # right? So is it possible I have a v5/v6 board in a v4 case somehow? That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

tha actual board numbers begin with the letters GH-xxx, the scph number is the model number, the only way to be 100% sure what ps2 version you have would be to take your ps2 apart and get the number of the mainboard which is a bit extreme for what you want the model number for

7. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

Fair enough, thanks for your help Devil