1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version regrading PS2 with flip-top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ekin4112, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Ekin4112

Ekin4112 Guest

hi this is my first time to post a message in this forum. I read the rules not to post questions that were asked but if I did sorry for the inconvinience. My question is that I have a US PS2 and I have spent hours to find what version it is. Some sites says it is 7 and some says it is 4. but I have an 8 screw and the number SCPH-39001.

I just brought a flip-top and it is coming and I just saw some of the messages saying that version 6 or above wouldn't work with flip top and back ups with DVD rip(don't know the difference between dvd r)
    or dvd r.

Can someone help me identify the version of my PS2 and how version 6 or above effect the flip-top. can it play my back up games?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

there are 2 fliptop verisons - 1 thru 3 and 4 thru 8. so if yours is a V4 or above, your fliptop will work fine (providing you got that version of fliptop). yes thay can read dvd-r, there are a few, very few rips that the fliptop can play, but with the quality of rips, you're not missing much.

3. Ekin4112

Ekin4112 Guest

Thank you for reply the message. Can anyone explain to me in details what is rips and dvd-r

what is their difference?

because I thought rips is burning to dvd-r

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

a rip is a dvd sized game that has been downsized to fit a cdr. usually they remiove the cut scenes and movies and credits and other junk you dont need. a dvd-r is simply a burnt dvd. like if you backed up a dvd movie or dvd game, it would go on a dvd-r or dvd+r.

5. Ekin4112

Ekin4112 Guest

thank you for your reply and hope to see u again thank you