1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very basic DVD burning question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by twinklez1, Mar 13, 2005.

1. twinklez1

twinklez1 Member

Hi,
    I'm VERY new at this so I'll apologize ahead of time for my stupidity.

I've copied a home movie from my Sony Digital 8 Handycam and used Studio 7 to make a movie. I've saved it as an AVI file, but since I have a basic version of Studio 7, I am using ArcSoft Showbiz to try to write it to a DVD.

I have an HP dvd writer/cd-writer combo drive into which I am inserting a maxell DVD-R 4.7gb disc. Each time I try to write, tho, I immediately receive an error message "There is no media inside the recording device. Please insert media."

What don't I understand? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Twink

2. oracle

oracle Member

First of all check if you can find Pinnacle studio 8 which is able to prepare nad burn directly to DVD. Personally I'm preparing the appropriate files with Pinnacle and then I burn the DVD using Nero. Unfortunaly I had the same problem whwn I bought my PInnacle DC-10 plus adapter to capture from analog source, Sony 8mm jandycam. The product came with studio version 8!
    Second check id your DVD write supports the barnd of the DVD disc or upgrade the firmware if this is the reason. As far as I know, Hewlett-Packard DVD burners support only the DVD +R format (RW)!
    Third HP X8 burners according to the firm can burn discs up to X4 speed!