1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Very High Temps

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dougal79, Feb 20, 2018.

1. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

Ok here goes.

I Purchased an ASUS ROG G20AJ Gaming PC just before xmas.
    I can run most games on High or Ultra with no problems.
    However when i run the game Warhammer: Vermintide on High settings the PC freezes & makes a screeching noise & i have to reset it.
    Ive checked the temps using Speccy, Speedfan & HWINFO & they all come back saying the CPU is between 45c & 55c & the Motherboard is 112c - 120c.
    I know airflow is a problem as ive read a lot about people getting this problem but surely those readings cant be right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

My specs are:-

Intel i7 4690 @3.60GHz
    12GB DDR3 Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2GB
    1TB Toshiba HDD.

[​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. aldan

aldan Active member

other than the motherboard temp they are not out of line.the mb reading,however cant be right.its likely a faulty sensor or speccy is lying.try downloading and running hw monitor and see if it shows any differenct.also are these temps idle or under load?the freezing and noise could also be a bad gpu or gpu driver as well.try updating your gpu to the latest drivers.this doesnt sound like a temp related problem.

3. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

Ok i downloaded HWMonitor but still getting a high temp (108c).
    These are idle temps, as soon as i turn the PC on i check them straight away.
    I have the lastest drivers installed & can play Skyrim & other games on ultra, its just with certain games it hangs & i need to reset the PC.

Attached Files:

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Why are you not returning the pc since it'll be under warranty

5. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

Bought it second hand from Cash Generator, actually like the PC just scared its about to blow up as the temps are so high :/
    It only does this with 2 games & everything else is fine but its not the point lol
    Seen a thread somewhere where a guy modded his with another PC case & it looked amazing (can't remember the name of the case he used) but it seems like a lot of work.
    Still dont understand the whole"you need 2 power bricks to upgrade the GFX card".
    Great PC = Shit design & support tbh.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

To me it sounds like the northbridge is overheating and if it's making noise then it could be indicating an imminent hardware failure, but that's just speculation, but you need to get your heat down or you will have a failure. You should be able to locate the northbridge by looking for a passive heatsink which is usually a pipe with fins on it. If you can find it then you might be able to attach a small fan to it, remove it and replace it, or fix one near it that will force a stream of air over it. This of course could require you to modify things a little. If you're not comfortable with working withit then you will need to find someone who is.
    If you're having problem with your northbridge overheating, then you can bet so are some other people. So search your motherboard model number and add the words northbridge overheating, and you might run into someone who's resolved the issue. Here's a link to some coolers to give you an idea, but you need to know if it's something you can use before considering making a purchase.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008004 600035748