1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very important question about updating

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by m0use, Jul 14, 2007.

1. m0use

m0use Member

Hey, I just got NCAA 08 and it says I have to update my system before playing the game. Will they be able to detect that I have flashed firmware (I don't have iXtreme yet) and deny the update, thus making it impossible to play this and future games? Thanks.

2. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Are you trying to play while connected to Live and it's asking you to update?

There is game updates and Dash updates. You can still play a game without getting its update.

3. m0use

m0use Member

I think it's a game update. I wasn't hooked up to my computer or anything. I was just in my room, put the game in for the first time and it said I had to update it before playing. So will it be ok if I update it or no? Also, the game doesn't come out til the 18th officially... but just for the banned part, am I ok or no? Thanks a lot.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

It's a dash update. I have the latest dash (Spring) and didn't get the update to play game message.

5. m0use

m0use Member

So what does that mean? Am I good or no, cause as of right now I can't play the game. Will I get banned if I update it? The thing that pops up says An update must be applied to your console in order to play this game. If you don't update then you can't play the game.

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You should flash to ixtreme 1.2 or apply the update and unplug from live until you flash to ix 1.2

7. m0use

m0use Member

I actually just updated it, didn't have to sign into live.