1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very new to DVD+ - R Need Help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xray45, Jan 27, 2007.

1. xray45

xray45 Member

Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I hope I can ask these questions here.
    I just bought a dvd+-r/rw burner. I have a cd/rw in my computer. Now , my problem and or question is, I have seen sites where you can download movies to burn for a fee or a price. Can someone burn downloaded movies when no copyright permission is given? Example: someone buys a downloadable movie for view for a set number of days (let's say 4 days) this movie is stored on the hard drive and can be viewed from there unlimited times within the 4 days but there where no rights or permission given to burn. Can this movie be copied to a dvd?
    Also, if a video is downloaded and it downloads as a window media file can this be burned? thanks for any help you can give.
    Xray

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

xray
    yes to asnswer your some of your questions but this quote will get to in trouble.
    quote Can someone burn downloaded movies when no copyright permission is given? this is piracy and not allowed. only allowed to back up your own movies you puchased legal.
    browse the forum rules

3. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

xray45 hi :)

yes an wmv can be burned but it must be converted first using something like

ConvertXtoDVD

http://www.burnworld.com/software/cdrburning/blindsuite/divxtodvd.htm

which is my favorite. it comes with a free trial that leaves a watermark. worth every penny if you decide to buy
    it also comes with its own burn engine, which auto burns as soon as the conversion is complete

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007