1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very new to motorola (V600)

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by soufboi, Apr 12, 2005.

1. soufboi

soufboi Member

Hi guys,
    I have always been a Sony Ericsson user. I presently own a T68i which works quite well, but I am thinking of switching to a motorola V600. I have been reading up on them and find them quite impressive. I currently use my T68i very often to access the internet when i am away from home using a data cable to my computer, is it as easy to do this with the V600? What software do I need to use with this phone? Is it advaible online for download or do i need to buy it? whats better to use a usb-bluetooth adapter or a data cable(and does the software/driver comes with the data-cable)? and those of you who own a V600 for some time now ... do you have any problems with it? If these questions have been answered, can someone link the pages?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jekyll

jekyll Member

You should look at getting the Mobile Phone Tools (MPT) the latest version is 3.11h. Most cables have software with them but the version on them is a later one. I bought mine on ebay for $10 (OEM Motorola) from http://stores.ebay.com/Trading-Shop_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

Look at the sticky treads in this forum for the latest software.
    I don't use the internet much on my phone but I do like it.
    I just bought the USB cable and it's easy to use.
    I'm not sure if the transfer rate between USB cable and bluetooth are different. MPT has the internet connection icon on it. I haven't used it so I have no input on that.
    I love my V600. I've change a few OEM setting to my liking. I bought a new black case (PIMP).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005