1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very slow read speed pioneer 108

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by marderfg, Oct 23, 2004.

1. marderfg

marderfg Member

can any one help it take 2hours to read dvd with xcopy platinum and longer to burn i have a pioneer 108 dvd -r and + and fware 1.14 with newish laptop 8m old 2.60ghz 512ram what is going on plz help thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi marderfg, many dvd burner drives come from the factory locked at 2x rip speed. To unlock that speed you need to install a hacked firmware. I don't know if there is one for the 108 yet. Check this site. Once there, type in your drive model in the search area. Be advised that hacked firmware will usually void any warranty left on the drive if you need to fix or replace it.

http://www.rpc1.com.

Jerry

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Since this is an internal drive and you are using it w/ a laptop as an external drive I am presuming that it is connected via USB. Is the USB port a 1.0,1.1, or a 2.0 port and it is functioning properly. Other threads about this problem w/ that drive state Pioneer says the internal drive was never meant to used as an external drive and they refused to help the person. Now that is not the best public relations if it is true. Most people take out the CD Drive and install it there and the problems go away. I know you can not do this.
    Try doing a Movie but doing it this way. Use DVDDecrypter to rip the movie and then Shrink to compress it and then either DVDDecrypter in .iso mode to burn or Nero in file mode. I know you can rip it using Shrink but I can not remember if Shrink will show you the KB's it is ripping per second and I know DVDDecrypter does. Look at this and then post back those results . If it is really slow then you are having conflicts between the computer and the burner and the USB port could be bad.