1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Very strange Kprobe/Nero Disc Speed results

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Natantantan, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Natantantan

Natantantan Newbie

Now I know that the recommend results for 360 Backups are

PI MAX should be 100 or less & PI Average should be 5 or less
    PIF MAX should be 4 or less & PIF Average should be 0.20 or less
    Nero Score should be no less than 90

A year or two ago I used to be able to relatively pull those numbers off. The only problem was that my PI Average would sometime reach into the 9's and 10's but the games would run so I didn't have a problem with it.

Recently I bought a new batch of Verbatim and all the 10 discs I burned so far had pretty much these results no matter the settings.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think this means? Bad batch or has my drive gone bad?

But more importantly are these games safe?

The PI Average is absolutely terrible but the PIF is great. I also have a very high Nero DiscSpeed result. Out of the 10 coasters that I made I put in one game. Watch Dogs. The game played perfectly but the loading times were long. Is this because of the burn or is it because the loading times of a newer game like Watch Dogs would be long on an Xbox 360.

So in conclusion does anyone know of a way to fix this or if these games are safe to play?

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

Kprobe results are those run through a liteon drive if you don't have this you may be getting false positives.Use nero instead.Verbatims are now made in the UAE and not Singapore however i have burnt with these using a IHAS with burnermax firmware and the results have been satisfactory.If my results are slightly high i have a tendency to install those to the HDD to save wear and tear on the laser.Kprobe results are for guidelines ONLY and as such if the game installs to the hdd then your good to go.The last wave ban happened back ion 2011 so i wouldn't worry now as i doubt Microsoft are that concerned about a console coming to the end of it's gaming life.
    You may have a drive (you didn't mention make/model no) which may well be dying.Or you might have been unlucky and purchased a bad batch of verbs.Try posting your Imgburn log files,burner model,setup and the brand of verbs on here so we can see if anything is out of the ordinary.