1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very strange maybe not?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Yrmalove, May 2, 2005.

1. Yrmalove

Yrmalove Guest

I've downloaded God of War and I have all the files and when I try to decompress the files with winrrar(which I always use) I get a message that I have never gotten before with winrar for any game and I copy a ton of games all the time. The error with winrar said only NTFS file systems can handle file over 4 gigs not enough space operation can not continue what sucks is the fact its like at 99 percent when it does this. Anyone have a way around this probelm with super large files. I do beleive I'm running a fat 32 file system though.

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

You're getting that error because the max file size on a fat32 harddrive is 4gb, that's why it's saying you need a NTFS file system. There's no way around that unless you reformat you're hard drive, which would erase all you're files. If you have more than one hard drive or partition on you're computer you should check to see if any of them are NTFS (go MY Compter, right click on the drive and go properties and under file systems look at what is says) if one of them are NTFS then just extract the file to that hard drive, otherwise you're only option is to reformat the hard drive as I said earlier, but that seems like a real pain. If you have a friend with a NTFS file system and a dvd burner you could just burn the .rar files to a disk and then take it over to you're friends house to burn.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you probably didn't download the right version of god of war. the confusion release is under 4 gigs win uncompressed.