1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very strange thing!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Aymon, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Aymon

Aymon Guest

Please help me! I have recently bought a Toshiba SD-R5002 DVD burner and I have tried to make a copy of Blood Omen 2 for ps2, with nero vers. 5.5.10 .I have created the image file on my hard disk,then burnt on a PRINCO DVD-R but my ps2 refused to load it.I use the classic swap system( my ps2 is scph-30004 version, with neo 2.2 mod-chip)but it doesn't happen nothing. I'll add that I have many DVD-R copied games(previously bought by friends) and all work perfectly but this is my first DVD burning!Maybe it depends on Toshiba or Nero (I've followed step by step your Nero burning instructions) or my media, do I need some patch or crack( to apply image file)? Please let me know something useful!Thanks to ALL OF YOU!!!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

On all the other games from your friends, did they use the same dvd-rs?? the media is really important. I have never used a toshiba to copy a game but nero is good. Also good is Alcohol 120% if you want to try that!

3. Aymon

Aymon Guest

Yes, my friends use the same princo dvd-r, but also others, like MAGNEX or CDV.I have also made a copy with a dvd-rw, but it seems that my ps2 doesn't want to read it(about my ps2 version?), help, help heeeeeeeeeeeellllllpppp!!!!

4. rlich8

rlich8 Member

Try a DVD+R. It might work better than a DVD-R.

5. Dela

RW media, doesn't usually work in a ps2, i'd love to be able to use it in mine!

6. Aymon

Aymon Guest

Thanks but I can't use dvd+r, because my toshiba burns only dvd-r and dvd-rw!!Sigh! What could I do?

7. Dela

I reckon you should just stick to the best media you can on dvd-r and if that doesn't work then maybe you should get the chip checked out.

8. panthernz

panthernz Member

im pretty sure you need messiah 2 or magic 3 for your ps2 to be able to read dvd-r copies.

Dvd silver imported games will work fine on your ps2.

9. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Also the first edition of Messiah and No solder modchips and Magic 2 can boot DVD copies !!

I also read in another thread that Neo 2.2 boots DVD backups with the swap magic disc.

10. panthernz

panthernz Member

I have neo 2.2 and it only plays hong kong silvers it doesnt play dvd-r copies.

11. Aymon

Aymon Guest

Thanks to all!!! Finally I have resolved my quest! I have used TDK media and now all works perfectly, those Princo were pure shit! Panthernz I want to tell you that you don't need the swap magic disc to load games, you only need a ps2 original dvd bigger than the copy you want to run.Here you can find complete process to swap http://www.psxcopyworld.co.uk/index.htm