1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VERY strange V4 Magic 3.6 thing..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JVegas, Mar 26, 2003.

1. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Just installed a 3.6 in a a version 4. Not the easiest thing I may add. Everything went smooth execpt for one problem. Everytime I boot the machine it asks for all the setup info,like when you fist buy it a start it. After you imput all the info it freezes and never gets to the normal start up screen. What could be the problem?

Any help or ideas would be great!

Thanks_

JVegas please remove/edit your signature. Thank You.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sounds like your CMOS battery may have become disconnected when you disassembled your unit. It's on a PC board attached to the size of the DVD drive on v4's. Check that the battery is still seated properly and the little wire with the green connectors is connected at both ends.

3. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

I just re-opened and checked and everything seems ok with the battery and connections. I checked everything on the chip again and now the thing will not boot up! just a black screen and the eject won't work.

What the hell is going on here. I have never seen this before.

JVegas please remove/edit your signature. Thank You.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Do the dots on the black browser screen swirl around or do you just see one stationary dot?

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sorry, didn't pay attention to the part about it not booting up. Check the clip on the bios and make sure it's firmly connected. There are many posts on this board about the clips not making good contact. Would suggest removing the clip and soldering the wires if you have the skill.

6. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

Thats exactly what I did. Those clips are worthless in my opinion.

I just never seen a moded PS2 do this before. For what it was worth is was pretty cool! :)