1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Wierd Problem With Shrink, Never happened B4

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hd517, Jan 25, 2005.

1. hd517

hd517 Member

hey yall, shrink has never let me down once, except for yesterday and 2day, i tried copying the movie "o", and the analysis as usual was ok, i unchecked everything i didnt want and started to burn as an iso image, THAN and error came up about halfway through the prccess saying it was a "Cylic Renducy Check"...ok?lol, now this is a common problem with everyone, but heres where IT GETS WIERD, isnt that supposed to happe in the analsysis? not the encoding! i dont know what to do , i tried DVD Decrypter, AnyDvd, the disc is brand new, i even borrorwed another disc to see if THAT will work, no luck, afterdawn , HEELP MEEE!! lol

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Are you sure it's not a disk defect? DVD Shrink is not graceful with respect to read errors.

3. hd517

hd517 Member

what do you mean? the discs i tried to burn were either brand new or used(good condition) from my friend, neither worked, the analysis turned out ok, but the encoding said there was a data renducy check ir something like that

4. slows

slows Member

Evertime I've had somekind of a "Renducy" error or sorts? it was always bad disc, friends are not. ==(

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I assume you were using the updated version of anydvd? I don't think "O" was a structurally protected DVD, so that's why I'm guessing it's a read error that causing the cyclical redundancy error message. That message also pops upon the more recent releases using structural protection. Clean the disk and try again. It doesn't take much for Shrink to falter. Have you tried to rip the disk to your HD with the newest DVD Decrypter? If you can do that, then the disk is OK. If not it's probably a bad disk or your drive is not reading well. Are you using a DVD RW drive to read the disk or a DVD ROM? What model/brand?

6. hd517

hd517 Member

everything is updated, it might just be a bad lens, do you think a lens cleaner can fix this?

7. Escobar22

Escobar22 Member

means dvd is scratched or dirty

something of that nature

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Do you have access to another computer and/or DVD drive? If so, try to rip on that system. If you can't, it's probably a disk defect that's causing the problem. If you can rip, then it's probably your DVD drive.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I had that problem with a perfectly clean disc (The Crow) and I think the disc was pressed wrong. I could see smears all over the disc. If you can see some discolored smearing on the disc, that's probably your problem. Try a different copy of "O".

10. hd517

hd517 Member

your rightm, the dvd was pressed wrong, but i dont get it, why didnt the error come up on the anaysis? why the encoding?

11. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Analysis scans the disk (every few frames, etc). It will detect egregious defects. Encoding reads every data point on the disk. Shrink will not recover from most read errors.

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I always thought the analysis was just for the encryption, Shrink sees if it can crack it. I'm probably wrong though.

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd-r for advanced users*

moved to guess where?

Correct ... The Shrink Forum!!

14. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Squizzle: You're correct. My point was only that the initial analysis scans or samples the data. It doesn't read all the data in the 30 seconds or so with the initial analysis. Obviously it must read everything when processing.

15. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Ok, now a question I have is: What is the purpose of the Deep Analysis. This takes like 45 minutes on my computer. If the analysis is just to see if it can crack the encryption, which it can obviously tell if it can in like 2 or 3 minutes, what does it do in the other 40 minutes?

16. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Ok, now a question I have is: What is the purpose of the Deep Analysis? This takes like 45 minutes on my computer. If the analysis is just to see if it can crack the encryption, which it can obviously tell if it can in like 2 or 3 minutes, what does it do in the other 40 minutes?

17. Veblin

Veblin Active member

DVD Shrink does have a help file. Try reading it.

[bold]Deep Analysis[/bold]

The deep analysis option will encode your DVD in two passes. This will take significantly longer, but it serves two purposes:

1. It will improve video quality by allowing DVD Shrink to better distribute the required compression throughout the various scenes in your DVD.

2. It will ensure that DVD Shrink accurately meets the target size.

This option will be disabled if you already performed a deep analysis of the same DVD. DVD Shrink will remember the results of previous analysis, so there is no need to do it again. This option will also be disabled if no compression is required.

18. hd517

hd517 Member

well, that makes sense, so i guess you can have an renducy check error during encoding

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Well I personally can't tell the difference whether or not I use deep analysis. Except for the extra 40 minutes or so on the process. Oh well.

20. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

By any chance have you also tried VobBlanker on that movie and then Shrink?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005