1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Worried!!! Please Help If You Can...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by eggbert52, Nov 13, 2003.

1. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Okay...I am fairly positive that I made a great file download of ESPN NBA and then used Simple ISO to make an ISO copy. My ISO copy then is listed as a WINRAR file which I then stored on my C drive. I then tried to use Primo and used the Data Disc section. I added the ISO file (Remember...it saved it as a RAR file) put it in the first line and hit record. It seemed as though everything went well but when I put it in my Xbox it said "Unknown" where it usually says no disc or whatever. This "Unknown" could be my only clue as to what happened. Thanks for your help.

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Try a different ISO program. If it made a .rar archive then something is definately wrong.

RustyDog

3. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

What I meant to say was that it saved as an ISO file but it can be opened up through RAR...it still has the ISO extension...any clues??

4. skinny85

skinny85 Member

Im assuming you got the file in tar or rar then extracted to an ISO form or did you rip from original?

Burn to DVD-r if you got it in ISO form. Then you should be good to go. use Nero. Tools. Burn Image. Don't worry about the winrar icon on it.That's just the program associated with that file extension.

5. djoner

djoner Guest

use xfer

6. Ghost2g4

Ghost2g4 Member

is it just that game

if it is your system i'll take xbox of your hands jizzle2g1@yahoo.com

7. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Ok...I put the original game in the Xbox. FTPd the files into a folder. Then tried to make an iso and no go. No matter what program I use it just won't make a backup...it's a good thing I have the original. Anyway, when I save the file to a folder it has the size of the file but no extension on the file. Am I doing something wrong? I think I will try a different game to see what is going on.

8. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

I've never made iso's and all my diskies work ok. I ftp to pc and use nero 6 platinum. Burn dvd--> UDF and check xbox vid compatibility box in UDF tab.

9. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Wow...that's cool. I looked for Nero 6 Platinum but do you mean Nero 6 Ultra Edition?

10. bob_roony

bob_roony Member

yup, that sounds about right :)

11. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

I'm kind of an idiot...when you say burn dvd > udf??? What do you mean? In other words, when I FTP the game into a file...then what do I do with Nero? Thanks again.

12. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Nevermind...got the program and see what you are talking about.