1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vfapi codec and VirtualDub

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kata1, Jun 10, 2003.

1. kata1

kata1 Guest

i'm getting erro message when trying to use Virtual Dub to open vfapi file. message is : couldn't locate decompressor for format 'vifp'
    VirtualDub requires a Video fo Windows(VFW) compatible codec to decompress video.
    DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Medi aPlayer, are not sutable.
    I found some help on other thread, which is unfortunately now closed. So now when I'm trying to install vipset.bat I get another error message : could not locate INF file 'vifp.inf'.
    Does anybody know how to solve this problem?!
    Thanks.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. obi1kinob

obi1kinob Guest

I am also having this problem, I'm trying to just make a DivX copy on my harddrive of AniMatrix. I'm new at this but the first problem I see is that all the chapters aren't being ripped from SmartRipper. Just 01, 02, and oddly, 06. These are the first three chapters(I THINK), but there are 9 mini matrix movies on this DVD as some of you know.

Even after ignoring that, virtualdub still gives that vfapi error.
  4. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Have you tried re-downloading VFAPI and unzipping it to where your VirtualDub exectuable exists ?
  5. obi1kinob

obi1kinob Guest

I tried that and redid the vfapi thing, in the virtualdub folder. then i loaded virtualdub and tried the new file, it still says the same thing.

The error says:
    Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'vifp' (unknown)

VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.

This happens when I try to load the avi in VirtualDub.

edit: I tried running vipset.bat and it worked. The afterdawn guide fails to mention doing this.

Now when will I hit the next hurdle..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2003
  6. wahdee

wahdee Guest

hi
    where do i find the vipset.bat file at?
    im also getting the same problem
    thanks
    WD
  7. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Download the VFAPI v1.05 from this webpage :)
  8. jasheek

jasheek Member

I had the same problem. Unzipping the VFAPI into your VirtualDub directory does the trick, but you have to remember that once you unzip VFAPI into your VirtualDub directory, you have to run "vifpset" (just double click it), which should solve the problem.