1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA Conversion AND PAL Games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LordMiL, Feb 10, 2004.

1. LordMiL

LordMiL Member

I've been thinking about buying a VGA converter for my PS2 for quite some time now mainly because I only have room in my dorm for a small TV. The small TV causes a number of inconveniences such as hard to read text and even worse, some games don't even fit on the screen! (FFX-2 is the worst by far)
    I also have an interest in playing import PAL games on my NTSC/USA PS2 and so I got to wondering........can I kill 2 birds with one stone? I've noticed that most VGA converters for the PS2 say they automatically detect NTSC/PAL and convert accordingly. The question I have is, if I put a PAL game in my NTSC console and play it on my computer monitor through one of these VGA converters, will it display properly?
    Is there something about my console itself that would make the VGA converter think it should be receiving an NTSC signal, or is it totally up to the game to decide??

Thanks in advance for all your help!

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

well, if the VGA adapter says it converts the signal to what it should be then you should be fine but, if you were ever to use those games with the wrong signal on a regular TV you'd have problems. It's the game that make the signal pal or ntsc, if it's a pal game then the output is pal, if it's an ntsc game then the output is ntsc.