1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VGA to TV with YCbCr connections

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by RickH, Aug 20, 2004.

1. RickH

RickH Member

I'm having some trouble finding any information about connecting a standard VGA output from a graphics card (mine is a Radeon 9800 Pro) to my 68cm 4:3 Hitachi TV which has three RCA connectors called Y, Cb and Cr. I've heard of cables that go to these ports but they are also meant to have Hsync and Vsync, which my particular TV does not have. I'm guessing that these three RCA ports are not actually RGB though.

Can anyone recommend where I can hunt down a suitable cable to do this with? I have an S-Video output as standard on the Radeon, but I figure if there is an even higher quality video format standard that can be used, then I should. Any help greatly appreciated. WG.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

It is Not Possible to go from the VGA output on your Video card to your Regular TV set...
    Not without useing a VGA to TV Converter ,
    which would display the same quality image as your S-Video output ...

Video cards Display Video in Progressive Frames at a Much Higher resolution and Frequency than TV Broadcasts which Transmit 525 Lines of Interlaced Video at 60hz, Your Video card VGA Output displays Progressive frames at frequencies up to 125hz with as much as 2000 lines of resolution, Your TV set Just can not display that Video...

Your Card converts the VGA signal to an Interlaced signal at 60hz through the S-Video TV Out on the card so that is what you should be useing.....

Cheers