1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS C tapes to DVD HOW?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by manifesto, Dec 4, 2003.

1. manifesto

manifesto Guest

i was wondering if i can covert my old film tapes into dvd. i have a panasonic camcoder that take vhs C type of tapes. to all you guys that are way ahead of me, how can i convert my tapes into dvd, what kind of cables do i need?, software, give me the works. i hope its possible. if not will i need a digital camcorder?

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

you need an analog/digital capture device and authoring software. Many devices will come with software to author--some slower than others. I use Pinnacle studio 8 with my minidv camcorder.

Even simpler might be those new dvd recorders with analog inputs--I know hp makes one, as does gateway, panasonic, philips.

If you get a digital camcorder, get one that has "passthrough" which will take an analog input signal and convert it to digital. That way you could get the video stream onto the computer via the firewire (ieee 1394). I know sony puts this on all theirs, and I think others do to, but I haven't checked recently.

3. manifesto

manifesto Guest

what is analog/digita capture device? and where can i get this, how much it cost? i have pinnacle studio 8 too. but i dont know how to connect my camcorder into the computer in order for pinnacle studio 8 to read the camcorder. do i need usb cables? the only thing that i see on my camera that leads out, its something that saids "av out" and "phone" what kind of cables will i need , and can i get them from best buy? please inform, since im a rookie at this.

4. ccscomets

ccscomets Member

you can get an all in wonder video card from ati. i believe they carry them at best buy although the internet will be much cheaper. the video card comes with all the necessary cords to plug a camcorder into it. it then has the software to capture the video in many different kinds of video such as mpeg, avi. you can then use programs like ulead moviefactory to create a nice dvd of your video. moviefactory allows you to create menus, add music, slideshows, and split you video into chapters. hope this helps.

5. manifesto

manifesto Guest

whats the name of that card? on how much does it go for?

6. ccscomets

ccscomets Member

it is a little pricey but neat. newegg.com has it for $151, includes shipping. it is ATI "All In Wonder" 9000. It is a 64 MB video card. it has a coaxial, s-video, and av-in inputs. You can hook your cable up to it, watch TV, record TV shows, Fun and neat peice of technology. I enjoy it.

7. ccscomets

ccscomets Member

also comes with a remote control for us lazy people.