1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS convert for web surfing

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by for_sure, Jun 1, 2003.

1. for_sure

for_sure Member

Hi, I'm new here and just need your help. How can I convert VHS video for web playing? what format should i transfer it to (mpeg, avi etc) I have a regular VCR, a Dell laptop (Inspiron 8200 Nvidia GeForce4 440Go, Cdr, 30GB hardrive) which has Windows Movie Maker. What software and tools do I need? and where can I get those. Please help me, I have no clue on how to do this. Thank you so much in advance!
    for_sure

Last edited: Jun 1, 2003
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

for_sure,
    read my post in (old damaged vhs to dvd capture arghhhhh)videowave has 3-web-format to convert to..

3. for_sure

for_sure Member

thanks ireland... could you tell me how to do this? like how to transfer video to my computer and what exact tools i need? do i need to buy converters or whatever its called? sorry for this but i really dont know how to start doing this. thanks again

4. ireland

ireland Active member

for_sure,
    i was writeing a post to you,lost me electric..
    trying again,start with a pinnacle system,it use's usb as its input for video,you will have two to pick from,pctv deluxe and pctv pro,from
    $100 to $200 dollars,whats nice about their system its external and very easy to use.
    also you can input your vcr or camcorder and also capture tv,and watch tv..
    for a first time user,this is the way to go,until you learn more about computers...
    good luck