1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS Tapes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PFres, Feb 27, 2007.

1. PFres

PFres Member

I wish to convert VHS tapes to DVD's and or place them on my hard drive or possibly convert them to DVD's. At one time I had purchased some type of gadget called Dazzle that I had to attach to my VHS player and plug into my usb port into the computer but had a difficult time working with it. Any help that can be offered would be appreicated.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You would need a device like that again unless you have a video card with video capture on it (this isn't standard so unless you made sure your PC had one in it when you bought or built it then it might not have this type of card)

Here is a good place to start looking for a card or device to do what you are looking for NewEgg Video Capture Devices

I can't really speak on any of these, but I can say my LeadTek 3000 card does a good job, and I also have a ATI all in wonder which actually does even a better job at what you want to do. The Leadtek has better TV reception and capture though.

Good Luck

3. PFres

PFres Member

Thank you for responding. I am new to this and wish to find out more about this LeadTek 3000 card. How would my VCR and computer work together to place on harddrive or to burn a dvd. I have looked on the website and saw this: Leadtek WinFast PalmTop TV, TV+Remote, 9Bit ADC + Stereo, Composite & S-Video Input, Direct Burn, USB. Would this gadget be something that I could use?. I have read up on the Dazzle DVD and it sounds like others didn't have a good experience with it as well. Thank you for your assistance.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I'm not as advanced as bbmayo, I have a Leadtek, WinFast2000XP capture card. It's a simple thing to install to your comp and it does the job for me...it also allows me the option of burning direct to disk using Nero.

Can you give us a link to the item you found.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  5. PFres

PFres Member

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@ gwendolin,
    Well I am not that advanced and just to let you know there really isn't any differance in our cards mine is just a newer version of the 2000XP (which I have also owned) and you are right on the money with this card it is easy to install and use (much easier than the ATI AllInWonder)

@ PFres,
    That device looks like it will do exactly what you are looking for, but I don't know much about it really I imagine if it works as good as there internal models you should be good to go.