1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD Problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Waynf, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Waynf

Waynf Member

To whom it may concern;: I have in my possession a DVD-R which is a compilation of video files in the VIDEO_TS.IFO format, which were originally recorded on camcorder and transferred to DVD by stand alone machine(not computer). The problem lies in the fact that Windows XP will not enable me to open up the video, or access the DVD for copying. I have attempted to use Nero Ultra but it will not allow me to copy.

My question is this: Is there a program download available that would allow me to access this DVD-R to make DVD copies.?

Sincerely yours

Waynef

2. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

try dvd shrink

3. Waynf

Waynf Member

I have just perused the DVD Shrink program, but maybe I wasn't too clear in my original posting. This said DVD is already in a shrunken form as there are around 5 hours of vide on this disk, and its not my inteneti9on to shrink any part of it, but to merely access it with Windows Xp . I have tried to copy it using Nero Ultra but it won't allow me to do so, and when I try to look at the file using Windows XP it request to know what program created it, but I didn't create the disc as this was done by someone else using a stand alone VCR/DVD player/Recorder, which I have no access to.

Thanks again,

Waynef