1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dmark, Feb 18, 2007.

1. dmark

dmark Guest

NooB and ProuD

I've gotta stop reading 'all' the posts in 'most' of the forums or I will get veg-like.

What I am trying to do is get my aging commercial VHS tapes to DVD+R and DVD+R DL. I have a four-head VCR with only AV outputs. Should I be looking for a VCR with S-Video out? Is it a noticeable difference?

On the digital side I have a Sony DVDirect VRD-MC3 which has S-Video OUT and IN.

I realize I need a digital video stabilizer between the VCR and the DVDirect. For awhile I was researching full frame TBC's but now feel that is more than I want to spend. There are several video stabilizers mentioned in forums that are <$50 and have both AV and S-Video IN and OUT. Can I hear from a few of you that have experience with these stabilizers?

Thanks

2. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

my best advice is to get a device which allows you to hook your A/V (rca) cables to your computer...go to best buy or something and get dazzle, its cheap, and easy, and should work fairly well...not best method, but most simple. this dazzle hooks up to computer USB, and than to tv through rca

3. dmark

dmark Guest

I thought Dazzle was a device to capture programming from a TV. I am going from a VCR to DVR with a stabilizer in the middle to deal with the macrovision signal. Is that not right?