1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by xtbone, Nov 7, 2003.

1. xtbone

xtbone Guest

I bought a Dazzle Digital video creator 80 to transfer my vhs movies to dvd. I recorded a sample of "Friends" to try it out and when I burned it to dvd it was not very good quality. I use Nero 6 Ultra and I think I converted it to AVI. Since this was straight from a good source and it came out poor I know that my vhs tapes would not be acceptable. Is there something I can do to enhance the quality? I do realize that I can not get perfect DVD quality since vhs tapes are not good sources but I would like to get the best that I can.

2. Hazrad

Hazrad Member

I also tried Dazzle's DVC 80, but returned it today because the quality was so poor. I decided that it wasn't worth the effort to spend the hours converting my VHS home videos and not be happy with the final result. According to the box on Dazzle's DVC 150, the unit converts VHS into DVD quality. It might be worth a try (at $150 though).

3. Hazrad

Hazrad Member

I also tried Dazzle's DVC 80, but returned it today because the quality was so poor. I decided that it wasn't worth the effort to spend the hours converting my VHS home videos and not be happy with the final result. According to the box on Dazzle's DVC 150, the unit converts VHS into DVD quality. It might be worth a try (at $150 though).

4. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hey guys, the DV80 has poor results because of the max input resolution of 640 x 480, try DV 150 which is 720 x 480 and has afew good feedback here in the forum.