1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS TO DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by CKOMI0723, Jan 20, 2005.

1. CKOMI0723

CKOMI0723 Member

HI JUST STARTED WITH THIS WEBSITE AND I CAN COPY MY VHS TO DVDS (I HAVE A HP DVD Writer dvd630ve, A DELL LAPTOP AND A VCR. ALSO A CAPTURE UNIT). THE QUESTION I HAVE IS THE DVD THAT I AM RECORDING IS ONLY 2 HRS LONG AND SOME OF MY VHS TAPES ARE MORE THEN 2 HRS LONG. ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT.

2. glocly

glocly Member

I am a newbie and a real new one. so do I set it up to get it start period since I am now using a hp laptop instead of my desktop?

3. permatex

permatex Regular member

i tried to find a program that would transfer vhe movies to dvd that is longer than two hours with no luck until i switched to a hewlet packard dc5000 movie writer.this unit sell for 199.00 .the program that comes with this writer will allow uou to transfer two and a half hour movie into dvd.writer ,but because the way the program is set up you can turn a ten hour movie into dvd. you just will not be able to burn it to one disk,example-if you have a vhs movie six hours long,you split it into three two hour dvds.