1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS To VHS, Outdated I Know But How Do I Do It?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by -LoNeR-, Apr 7, 2004.

1. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

i know this probably doesent belong here and if it doesent i apoligise

i have searched and not found any topics covering my particular dilemma

any & all help will be greatly appreciated

Ps if this is in the wrong place somebody tell me and ill ask somewhere else

ok, here goes - i have two Video players and both of them can record etc, but whenever i put one of them onto watching the AV channel (when the tv is on the video channel aswell) the sound keeps going whiffy - with intermitent audio silence all the time.

i have two Ariels and one scart lead (the scart lead goes from the Video player im using to record to the tv) the tv channels ariel and the out ariels are shared between the two players

now ive explained, does anybody have any suggestions at all? im pulling my hair out.

Dean

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Are you making a backup of a store bought VHS? If so you'll need a device called a video image stabilizer. It will get rid of the Macrovision protection between the 2 VCR's.

3. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

no i am not using an image stabilizer & yes it is a store purchased VHS - would not having that stabilizer account for the sound and slight picture quality loss?

if so, how could i get one + how much is it?

Cheers in Advance

Dean
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Hey

This Site Rocks[/small]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004