1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vhs video to avi to dvd playable on cd-r media

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by b9x6, Feb 27, 2003.

1. b9x6

b9x6 Member

I am sure that you have probalbly discussed this to no end but here is my dilemma. I have converted some movies that I had on VHS and now want to put them on CD-r to play on my home dvd player. I have seen posts and software, freeware on how to do it. I just can't figure it out. The software that I have is Winmpg video convert, dvd squeeze, tmpgeenc, avi2vcd, virtualdum-1, vobsub, nero55107b, smart ripper, flask, easy divx, dvd decryptor, and dvdx. Question is how do I get an AVI file to dvd readable onto a CD-r that will play in my dvd player (not a dvd-rom or dvd-rw, just a standard run of the mill home dvd system) hooked up to the t.v.

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

3. b9x6

b9x6 Member

I followed the directions, and nothing. After burning the cd I put it in my stand alone and it said "no disc" any other help would be appreciated.

4. mdtplus4

mdtplus4 Member

Not all DVD players support VCDs. Check the forums for a VCD compatibility list or maybe someone can point you to a url.

Good luck, Mark

5. b9x6

b9x6 Member

Thanks for your help. I am gong to close this thread.