1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Via 6421 Not Picked up by windows??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lilg_06, Jun 23, 2007.

1. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I want to flash my ms28 drive, so I purchased a VIA 6421A SATA card, however, when I plug it into my Intel D845 motherboard, windows does not pick it up, it does not come up in the device manager list, does anyone know what I need to do, I am running windows xp sp2/

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

When you first plug the sata card in, when windows boots up, it should say detected new hardware and then run through the driver installation.
    If it doesnt do this then you should have got a disk with the card which contains the drivers. Insert the cd and see if it auto runs to install drivers, if it doesnt then you will have to explore the disk and look for a folder that is most likely called Drivers or Drv (only seen it called that once in my experience)

the card will not be picked up untill the drivers have been installed.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  3. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

When I try to install the driver, it comes up with an error, saying that compatible hardware could not be found in the system.

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

hmmm, weird, i would suggets removing the card and booting up the pc. then power off and plug the card in again, make sure its in there really tight or it won't get seen. sometimes you need to push it in really hard and you think you may break it.

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Ok, I tried to push it in further, but thats the max it will go, and the pins are not visible, which means they are fully pushed in, do you think that I should reinstall windows and see if that makes a difference? Is there a way to access the bios of the card without loading up into windows?

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

no i wouldn't re install windows, that shouldnt be the problem. Maybe the driver you have is wrong, is that possible?

so when you go to device manager and look in scsi and raid controllers the card is not listed still?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  7. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Ok, I enabled plug and play detection for my motherboards bios, it then finally detected, and I installed the driver for the card. I open Xtreme Boot Maker, and after I have selected the firmware, and the SATA card, then after clicking "Detect ID / IO", I get and error message saying "The device is not compatible with MTKFLASH", and I have to click ok, and the ID and I/O do not come up, am I doing something wrong?

8. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I just checked device manager, and found that the card has an exclamation mark beside it, how can I solve this problem?

9. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I think the exclamtion mark normallly means the drivers are not installed or are not installed correctly. try to roll back driver then re install and see if it then works.

10. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I tried everything from rolling back, reinstalling windows, different PCI ports, with no success, my other pci devices work perfect, this is the only one causing problems.

11. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Then by the sound sof it you may have a faulty card i'm afraid.
    Not much else you can try.

12. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

:D
    Finally, I solved the problem, the card was not wanting to work with the latest drivers, or the ones provided on the disk, I googled my problem, about Code 10, and found another person who had the same problem, he solved the issue by installing the 509A driver, I did the same, and it worked, I have flashed my ms28 drive now, all works perfect. Thanks to all of you, and credit also to the person from another forum, who notified others of how he solved the problem.

:D

13. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

good news! Glad you got it done in the end and thats good to know about the drivers :)