1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Via Sata Chipset is not 'compatible' with MTKFLASH for flashing with MS28 Xbox 360!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ronaldo12, Jun 25, 2007.

1. ronaldo12

ronaldo12 Guest

im trying to flash a MS28 Xbox 360. I am just trying to create the BOOT USB flash drive with files which i need to flash but it says the via chipset is not compatible with MTKFLASH!

The VIA chipset is 'VT6421 Raid Controller' (in PCI SLOT 1)
    So how do i edit MTKFLASH to work with my via chipset

2. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

the card may be RAID.. so you'd have to set this up in your BIOS, to NON-RAID or IDE

and it surely is compatible. perhaps your PC isn't.. what kind of PC you have? must be an OEM computer, like DELL. if so this is your problem.

use a non-OEM PC, it'll work much better.

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

that is totally untrue! i have a dell pc and a via 6421 pci card and everything works great. i had that problem, what i did, is download the xbm rc1 or something like that which uses something different then msinfo to get your device i/o numbers. then i took those numbers and input them into 3.0 or 3.1 and then created my bootdisk, worked like a charm and still works, i flashed every drive you can throw at me and all used on the same DELL computer with VIA sata pci card.

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

also make sure your sata cable is in the slot that is facing the front of your computer.

5. ronaldo12

ronaldo12 Guest

thanks alot guys, u guyz are brilliant.

can anybody jus explain in bit more detail. do i not need to edit the mtkflash. i have a raid controller and slot it into a PCI slot. it also has a IDE cable, shall i plug both in?

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

no do not plug it in, you just need the sata channel.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

use Xtreme Boot Maker and make ur usb bootable with that and also select use custom mtkflash! and select the right one from the drop down! the right chip (via 6421) for which you need the custom mtkflash! also select the other two boxes (ms28 badflash, and apply botch patch)!

now just use mtk flash commands you should be good to go! let me know if it works!

8. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

just wondering did it work?