1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vice City

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jake2003, May 9, 2003.

1. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

I am about to snap! A while ago I got a burned copy of vice city only to find that a early points in the game it would stop and say "loading" at which point it would freeze. Recently I managed to burn my own copy but when I inserted it the ps2 would say "disk read error". This is the only game that is giving me trouble-can anyone offer any suggestions about whats going on/what to do?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

what chip, what media, what speed was it burnt at. I have a backup of vice city, and a dvdrip of it and they both play perfectly. fliptop, princo DVD-R and Imation cdr, 1x

3. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

I have a messiah, using verbatim dvd+r, regular speed (don't know exactly) and using nero

Last edited: May 9, 2003
  4. wcpir8

wcpir8 Guest

I had a problem with backing up my vice city once but I found out that there was a very small scratch on the original that also affected the backup. I used a different copy (original) and made a backup that worked perfectly after that. I used roxios cd copier, or was it nero express, I don't remember, one of them but it's ok now. I use maxell dvd-r media and pioneer A05. Oh yeah, and burn and read at 1X._X_X_X_X_X_[small]wcpir8[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2003
  5. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

I've used one copy and the the burned vc from before was obviously from a different copy.

6. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

so I guess there's no way to get it to work eh?

7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

what is it doing? it should be working fine, lots of folks in cluding myself have backed it up with no problems.

8. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

finally I got it to work! I don't know why I didn't do this before? I just tried a different media-maxell! Damn, that's embarrasing.