1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video and audio synchronizing help..

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by MontessNY, Jan 15, 2007.

1. MontessNY

MontessNY Member

Hi everyone,

I been burning dvd movies for a while now. When I burn movies to DVD disk, for some reason my audio is 2 secs faster than my video and movements of the lips, sort of like watching a bad dubbed foreign movie. Does this have anything to do with my wite speeds to dvd disk? I download movies from torrent sites and this happens from time to time. Can anyone please forward me any information.

My thanks to all in advance
    C.S

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

This is pretty common esp. with downloaded movies. Try use e.g. VSO ConvertXToDVD for encoding. The program does a very good job tackling the sync. problem.

Good luck!

3. MontessNY

MontessNY Member

Thanks for your advice,

I figured it has a lot to do with downloaded movies. What's a good write speed to burn dvd?

Thanks agian.
    C.S

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If you have a constant audio sync problem, and it sounds like you do, this should fix it: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ Drag and drop your video into the top window, highlight it and select generate data. In the lower window, highlight audio and any delay will appear in a window to the right. If anything other than 0 appears, select start and use the new file you'll have in 1-2 minutes. Name and put the new file as you wish when you select start and, also, the origonal may have no delay when pllayed on your pc. BTW, a good burn speed is 4x and a good rule of thumb is to burn at 1/2 the rated speed of the media.

5. dvdtool

dvdtool Member

4x or 8x