1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video & audio compression

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jbassas, Feb 8, 2005.

1. jbassas

jbassas Member

When I export my movie and costumize it by resizing it, it results in an exaggerated big size. Thus the export operation terminates unsuccessfully with an error. I presume I must previously select video & audio compression, yet once displayed the options I ignore which settings to choose. I'd be very grateful to someone to point out to me the criteria to do this.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Well firstly: Welcome to AD jbassas, and I judge by your use of words English is not your first language. Not to worry.

So when you [download] a movie, and try to [customise] it

(shrink it below 4.3gig?) You are getting an error showing the file is too big?

If my interpretaion, is somewhere near correct reply so;
    along with more detail of what PC you have and its capabilitys' .ie. size of hard drive.. Basic operating system.. RAM.. What DVD tools you are using.

Oh and also if you can, find out what file system your PC has NTFS or FAT32.

Once the people in here know most of this information,
    I'm sure your problems will be speedily resolved.

regards gringle.

REWRITE
    My reply could sound faciious, and in all truth, that was not the intent'

so fer fun I'll re-spell facitious

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  3. jbassas

jbassas Member

Thank you very much, Gringle. As clearly noticed by you, my first lenguage is not actually English but Catalan (...and Spanish "ex aequo", of course).

Well, fortunately in the meanwhile I have solved my problem. I have chosen the setting "divx" in the "converting" menu and it works all right. I am very grateful for your ideas anyway.

Greetings.