1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video/audio out of sync

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by jeepster, Feb 22, 2005.

1. jeepster

jeepster Member

I have just purchased Pinnacles Dazzle Fusion with Stuidio 8. When recording VHS tapes to hard drive the sound is out of sync with video so I can't burn to DVD. I have C+D drives, Studio 8 on C and capture to D. I'm using a scart to video out - to Dazzle Box. Any ideas please.
    PC Specs: AMD 2600+ Athlon
    1.5GB memory
    40GB C drive 160GBD drive

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sync Problems can be caused from a Number of Different things....

If you drop frames while Captureing that will cause sync problems...
    If the Video and Audio Clocks are different (Which they allmost allways are) then you will get the Audio and Video slowly drifting appart.....

Most Pinnacle Products in there Consumer Product Line up suck, the Only good Stuff that Pinnacle Makes are there Professinal Broadcast eqipment and Professinal Video editing Software/Equipment and they Don"t make a single Good USB device......

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sync Problems can be caused from a Number of Different things....

If you drop frames while Captureing that will cause sync problems...
    If the Video and Audio Clocks are different (Which they allmost allways are) then you will get the Audio and Video slowly drifting appart.....

Most Pinnacle Products in there Consumer Product Line up suck, the Only good Stuff that Pinnacle Makes are there Professinal Broadcast eqipment and Professinal Video editing Software/Equipment and they Don"t make a single Good USB device......

4. jeepster

jeepster Member

So I guess what your saying is there is no way to correct this problem and I just wasted £50.

5. pfh

pfh Guest

Did you try demuxing the audio and video then remux to see if corrections can be made at that time?

6. jeepster

jeepster Member

Don't mean to sound stupid but what is demuxing and remuxing? How do you go about it?

7. pfh

pfh Guest

I was just asking if your Pinnacle s/w has a way to separate the audio from the video into two different files. Then put them back together.
    Though like minion says, sync issues can be caused by a number of things at a hardware level. Try to determine if your computer is allocating most of it's resources to the capture process. This may help eliminate sync problems. If that area seems ok then I would look into the things you might be able to do with your software. Maybe this is commom among Dazzle users, I don't know, but perhaps it can be fixed by stripping out the audio and applying a change/fix to it then putting it back into the video stream.
    I'm no expert, just thought I'd throw out some suggestions of where you might want to turn.

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

9. jeepster

jeepster Member

Thanks will try this and post again in a few days. Fingers crossed!