1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video/Audio sync issues.....again......

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sonnet79, May 7, 2007.

1. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

How To Uninstall Nero Suite

My install of Nero Suite rom CD was done via network w/ CD extracted to server. Control Panel want to know the path to the folder but I since deleted it from network but put it back later to test but the name of folders and locations have changed and it says it cant find the path. It gave me a chance to direct it but it still does not know what to do. System restore does not go back no, most the files are gone but some of the common files remain, no Nero folder is left in the (x86) files folder. How can I trick it to reinstall to uninstall it again from the actual CD (v7.0.0.0 or the new DVD v8.0.3.0)?

2. spetragl

spetragl Member

3. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

YES I did, not sure if it was the "latest" version cause the one I just downloaded didn't say. I had 2, 1 as Nero7 CleanTool and the other as General CleanTool. They look and open the same. The only thing I did was run it but didnt check the box for remove all, the 1st time. Should I have? I tryed again checking it this time but it fails to open log. Now what? Any other ideas. What file holds it as installed even though the folders are empty now. I jsut cant get it out of Control Pannel for Nero 8 has an uninstaller on DVD but it does the same now, can't find path or open a log file or something like that.

4. spetragl

spetragl Member

All of the 'Control Panel' applets are stored in C:\Windows\System32\*.cpl .
    You'll have to figure out which one is Nero and move it out of that folder (just in case you guess wrong, you can always put it back).

You may have to delete Nero from the Registry.
    ** Backup (or export) the Registry first **
    Open Regedit, navigate to the following keys and delete them (and everything beneath):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Ahead

The following key contains all installed programs:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Carefully find just the ones with Nero and delete them.