1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video - Audio Timing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mac53, May 2, 2005.

1. mac53

mac53 Guest

I tried to search the forum for an answer to my inquiry, but the problem is that I don't know what actual "search words" to use in order to find an answer. If this question has been already dealt with some where in this forum, please except my apolgy.

I purchased a new DVD movie that has a picture to voice timing issue. I returned this DVD to the place of purchase and swapped it out for another one, but the new has the same problem. Watching this movie reminds me of watching one of those low-budget foreign flicks where you hear something said, then about a second or so later, you finally see their mouths move. The title of the move is: "Possessed" and was manufactured through Showtime.

I want to try to back this disc up for archiving purposes, but when I do I would like to try to align the voice with the movement of the mouth and other sounds accordingly. I don't have a whole lot of experience in editing a dvd, so if there is anyone who can suggest to me how I can accomplish this task, I would appreciate it, highly.

Thank you for your time and for any responses that may occur ;)

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

do you want to keep the whole dvd? (menus / extras?) if not use avi2dvd, but ripp the dvd with dvd decrypter in ifo mode (take out copy protection...)

3. mac53

mac53 Guest

Rotary...

I ripped many dvds to back ups. Let me tell you what software I have: Dvd Decrypter...DVD Shrink & Nero6 fully updated. You may be missing my point, in which case I have a tendency of not being able to explain things well in writing, anyway. What I want to know, "Is there any way that I can (after ripping) set the video to audio sync timing to have the sounds match to what I'm seeing on the screen?" I know some editing has be done, but I just don't know how to do it, that's all! Any suggestions?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i know what you sre trying to do but not sure of the apps you need to break the dvd into a .m2v and audio then put back together, there are apps but for the life of me cant think of it??? i will have a think!

but, i mentioned avi2dvd as it does use besweet / avisynth which breaks up the film, 2 parts, audio / video then multiplexes them back to dvd files, i was just thinking it may work for you! aswell as compression...

i think tmpgenc plus will output to m2v and audio then you need the an app to adjust those files back or forward to what you want...

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  5. mac53

mac53 Guest

Rotary...

Ok...thanks. Think of anything else, please let me know.

;)