1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video camera footage to dvd???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macey, Jan 20, 2005.

1. macey

macey Guest

Hi to all, i am wondering if and how i would go about transferring my video camera footage to go on to a dvd disk, any help is appreaciated.
    Thanks heaps,
    -Macey

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Is it a digital Video camera? If so, does it have a fire-wire connection (1394)?--looks like a USB connection--If so, it is easy, just plug it in to computer and run--If not and it is an analog Video camera, it takes a few more steps which I am not familiar with, but easily done with a stand alone DVD-Recorder/VCR combo if you have one or know someone who does--good luck--
    Whitfield

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If it is the analog type as mentioned above you would need a video card with video/audio inputs to do it on your PC. If you don't have that then a stand alone DVD recorder would be the way to go. :)

4. jaybee77

jaybee77 Member

I bought the ATI USB TV card and it has rca inputs. It has a capture funtion so you can record to your hard drive or dvd. It was like $99 at Best Buy.

5. macey

macey Guest

Hi all thanks for your input, i must admit i really dont know much about camera to dvd, do i need special sofrware to play and save it? but i can tell you that my cam is a Sharp VL-WD250 Digital Viewcam, Mini dv, 780X Didital Zoom, 28x Optical zoom. i hope that that helps.
    thanking you all
    Macey.

6. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

You can use a thing called DVD express made by ads technologies. It is a box that plugs into a usb port and then you can plug and a/v cables into that(camcorder,vcr,dvd,satellite). It works great to copy from the satellite. you can get this at any walmart supercenter or online. I got mine for $80.

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi Macey--I don't know if you are still following this thread, but I checked out your camera--It is in fact a digital, so it shopuld not be too hard to connect directly to your computer (USB port probably)--Now, depending on your computer, there are several ways to do it--Does your computer have a DVD burner? It may just have a DVD Rom, which is till OK, as you could edit after movie is on your hardrive and watch on your computer--just couldn't burn to DVD. Let us know how you make out--
    Whitfield

8. macey

macey Guest

Hi Whitfield,
    firstly can i thank you for your help with this, much appreciated thanks. What is a USB port?, i have a lead that connects to my pc to bring up still photos in sharp pixi lab, is this lead the usb port? Yes i have a dvd burner, a "pioneer 16x dual layer dvd burner" Pixi Lab only brings up stills in "SV Photo Capture" i also have a software called "SV card link" but it dosent seem to connect.i think i need a card, (what ever that may be)
    thanks again for your help.

9. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Did any software come with your video camera? I think it probably did--would make transferring video quite a bit easier--You might check the website of your camera's manufacturer and see if they could help you--sorry, but I am new at this also--good luck