1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video capture problems

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by steelegr, Nov 17, 2004.

1. steelegr

steelegr Member

having the prolink fx5700le video card (256mb) i tried to capture my vhs tapes trough my vcr (panasonic NV-HD700), i recognized some problems.
    1. while adjusting the framerate to 25 or 29.95, the output result has a maximum framerate of 15.

2. my video is beeing stopped after reaching a size of 4GB
    or i cannot capture the full video (eg. 30min video)

3. in the video preview panel i show, in the lower lines i recognize some ("adaption"?) problems.

4. while having some codecs installed, from almost all capture progs, they not beeing recognized (only mpeg v1 and v2)

for capturing i use avi_io, flycap252, amcap (which is delivered with the driver installation cd) and some others.

i have a sata hdd 40gb which has winXP PRO installed and a second ide 120GB hdd, prescott pIV 2,8gHz (1MB cache).

thanks for any response.

2. jahern

jahern Member

Quote:
    [bold]2. my video is beeing stopped after reaching a size of 4GB..or i cannot capture the full video (eg. 30min video)[/bold]

I found out in another forum that windows 98 cannot create a disc image file for a full size disc (4.7g) because it has a size limit. Maybe that is your issue on that one.

3. michelle9

michelle9 Member

For the problem of the file stopping ofter 4GB, you will need to re-format your hard drives to the NTFS format, otherwise you will always hit the 4GB limit. Video conversion requires quite a bit of hard drive space. As you have XP, you have this option.

4. steelegr

steelegr Member

i always have my disks to the ntfs standart.

5. michelle9

michelle9 Member

It is possible then that the option exsists somewhere in your capture program and you have to tick/untick some box or other in the program in order to go beyond the 4GB limit. I've seen this option in several capture programs, the one I use has this choice...