1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Capture that will overide protection in incoming signal

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by johnlong, Oct 10, 2003.

1. johnlong

johnlong Member

I am wanting to record some VHS Tapes onto my computer and then to VCD. The only problem is that when using Virtual Dub or ATI TV/VCR It won't record because the incoming signal is protected. I have tried a few other capture programs as well with no luck. Can I install another capture driver with my video card, ATI Radeon AIW 7500? or is there a software program that can record these "protected movies" that I own and am wanting some backup copies.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The VHS Tapes are Protected By MacroVision, and the ATI Drivers them selves have Macrovision detection Built in ...There are a Couple way to go about this...One is you can get yourself a Device called a "Video Stabilizer" you put it between your VCR and your Capture card and it stabilizes the signal and removes the Macrovision, The go for about $25 ...Another thing you can try is a Patch out there that is supposed to disable the Macrovision detection in ATI Cards..I tried it and it worked for some movies and didn"t work for others...I don"t have a Link to the Patch but if you e-mail me I can send it to you...Cheers

3. fcranmer

fcranmer Member

Hi Minion- I'm having the same problem with my ATI card and macrovision. Could you email that patch to me? Thanks and have a good one...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2003
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, I"ll send it to you but you should edit your Post and delete your E-mail address.....

5. rspeyer

rspeyer Member

I have legally bought hundreds of VHS taped movies. I would like to get these to DVD in order to save a tremendous amount of space. There is obviously copy protection on these VHS tapes. When I capture them to my computer and then put it on DVD I get the copy protection red lines on the screen.

I also have a Camcorder now that records directly to DVD. I can copy the tapes directly to DVD if I can avoid the copy protection which stops the camera operation.

Is there a Hardware cable that spoofs the VCR or program that accomplishes the same thing.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

7. runner121

runner121 Guest

Hello! Hey Minion!! I am having the same problems as these guys.Would you e-me that patch too? THANKS!!

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sory but the Link I had to the Patch is not longer working...The Patch didn"t really work anyways...Your better off spending the $30 and getting a Video stabilizer....