1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video capturing (is there such thing as a rca to s-video cable?)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by jessefL, Dec 24, 2003.

1. jessefL

jessefL Member

I'm getting a dvd burner and wondering if there is any way of capturing tv on adobe premire without a tv turner? i think i have got an s-video port on my computer and i was wondering if there is some sort of cable which can be pluged into the rca jacks on the back of my tv/vcr and then plugs in the the s-video port in the back of my computer?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Will the Only Place you would have an S-Video port on your PC is on your Video Card and that is an Output Not an Input so it can not be used for capture, And the Only thing that captures Video Is a Capture card and you would Know if you had one as it would say so in Your Device Manager..So Chances are probably 98% that you do not have a Capture Device unless it is on your Graphics Card in which case it would Most likely be a Composite RCA Input over a S-Video Input...But to answer your Question , Yes there are S-Video to RCA Composite Adapters....Cheers