1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Card Malfunction!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by skullpr, Mar 23, 2007.

1. skullpr

skullpr Member

Hi, I'm new to this, but I've searched for this in other threads and havent found anything.

So my problem is I got this PSP from a friend who had droped it and the video card started malfunctioning. I'm pretty sure its the video card because sometimes it'll turn on some it wont, but when it does you can use but have to be extremelly carefull you dont make any harsh movements because the screen will go blanc. I've looked in to "Guide - To Opening a PSP" by iPirate, but could'nt find anything. Also I've been to several local places here in PR for them to check it up but they ask for a $20 upfront fee + whatever costs to fix it (after done), and have a waiting list of 30 to 45 days. I'm like WTF?

I'm pretty sure I can fix this my self, I just need the correct instructions on what I'm actually looking for (ie. video card, wires & plugs)

PS: Is the video card also the sound card? I ask because everytime the screen goes blanc the sound cuts off.

Thanks, in advanced.

2. skullpr

skullpr Member

UP!!

HELP GUYS PLEASE!!!