1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video card question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by integraol, Dec 26, 2007.

1. integraol

integraol Member

Recived Call of Duty 4 which req. Geforce 6600, Radeon 9800 pro, or better... I have an Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH which uses Intel® GMA X3000 onboard graphics subsystem.

Will my video be able to run this game or no? I'm not sure what the equivelent is of my Intel compared to the Geforce and Radeon series #'s.

Thanks all!

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

integrated graphics won't be able to handle the new games. most likely you'll have to use all video settings at low to get the game running.

you'll need at least $350 to get a new video card and new power supply. once you add a new video card, you definately have to upgrade the power supply; stock psu's can't handle a new video card.

3. integraol

integraol Member

no need for a PS, the one I have is 400W.
    but theres no way i'm spending $300 bones on a new Video card to play this game.

Thanks for the info!

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

not necessarily $350 just for the card alone, that includes a new psu.

also, is your 400w from a respected brand name? because any cheap-o's is a big no-no. antec, corsair, seasonic, thermaltake are the psu to have.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's a big step up from the terrifyingly bad GMA graphics system to anything competent enough to play proper games. You don't need to spend $400, but the minimum spend to get COD4 working well is around the $250 area, for a decent graphics card (such as an HD3850) and a decent power supply (such as a Corsair VX series).