1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Card Under $200

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ggamer, Jan 30, 2005.

1. ggamer

ggamer Guest

Hey

I am looking for a good video card under 200 dollars.

I have a gig of ram, 3 ghz processor and stuff. But, my video card stinks.

I play alot of video games (Half Life 2, World of Warcraft, Doom 3).

So I was wondering what do you think would be a good graphics card for me?

I was thinking a nvidia 6600 maybe?

If you can, give me the link to the video card you are talking about, and the price (preferably from newegg.com)

Thanks

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  3. beanboy07

beanboy07 Guest

I recently bought an Evga nvidia 6800 128 mb. An up grade from 5200. I'll tell you what, by far the best thing I have ever bought for any pc I have ever owned. There is a tweak utility to unlock pixel pipes and vertical shaders and you instantly have a 6800gt. A little overclock and look out. My 3dmark 03 scores are 12000+ and 05 are 4500+. Ggamer in case you're wondering I spent 240 plus tax, but not off newegg or any other site for comp parts. I called MicroCenter out of the blue and they were 20% off amazingly. Don't know if you have one where you live but they do have website. I threw around the idea of getting a 6600. They DO have a higher clock speed, BUT they only have 8 pixel pipes. Spend the extra little bit of money to get the 6800. Do like I did and you will have a 400 dollar vid card that will smoke the 6600. You won't be disappointed!!!!!http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-202&d there are other manufacturers for that same card and some of the prices on new egg have just dropped and some have gone up. Personally (before I found my deal), I was looking at the BFG card. Cooler looking outside, dual fans, lifetime warranty, and an added bonus stock over clock. Don't think you can go wrong with any 6800. Later

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2005