1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Cards!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ph0BoLuS, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

can someone tell me what video cards do and what the different video cards do.. i was at a store and i was looking at some and they had like 256mb cards and stuff like that..whats all that for? video cards waste memory or somthing?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

video cards puts the pictures on your screen. the more memory on a card the better the games will play but will still have other factors involved like system speed & whatever. you have 4 types of video cards slots: isa-old computers like 386, pci-486 to p4s, agp-p1 to p4s & pci/e- new p4's

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Ph0BoLuS

If you were going to draw a picture with one artist or the same picture with 1000 artists, which way would allow you to fill up a room of pictures faster? When a graphics card redraws over and over again, the better or faster the chip on that graphics card combined with the latest technology allows gamers to do shadows, 3-D effects, and much more at tremendous speeds allowing for the most realistic views possible. Not a great analogy but I hope you get the point.

4. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

Thanks i kinda do now

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

teach & learn