1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video check failed.. what to do?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by duboy1, Mar 6, 2007.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

for checking a game, for instance i have crackdown, what if everything passes except the video? how do i fix this problem. There is a setting in ss merger where i can click to merge into the iso a video setting but i'm not sure how to do it. Can anyone help me out with this so my game will work? Thanks!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i have had a few games that do that to me, but its safe to burn them, they all worked with no problem for me

3. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

I tried one before, i dont remember what it was, but it didnt work. should i not worry about it and burn it? or is there an easy way to fix this problem?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

get or make another copy. I have never had one that i tested fail the video test, only the DFI and PFI test.
    Use reputable sites if you plan to get it online.

5. UltraManX

UltraManX Member

i just read this on another thread, havent tried this but seems legit, i take no credit for this:

if your using XBC go to the disc options, or just options tab, cant recal which it is, and click the unlock drive until you get a notice that its about 6.81 gigs + and back up that current partition, then get the SS PFI and DMI files and save it to the same folder was the game image is. open up SSmerger1.7b and insert all the files into the correct spots, dont worry about checking the md5 when it asks if you want to, as it never checks it, and then uncheck the fill with video partition and check the fill with blank button. after that hit the merge button and after about 10 minutes or so you will have the image file you can burn for a working backup. if you hit the merge button and instantly get a sucess prompt it did not merge it correctly, and you need to redo it until it takes around 5-10 minutes. this method also needs to be done with NBA street, and crackdown, as well as with the new legacy game.

6. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

ok, well i tried that and it didnt work. the success just came up quickly. i tried then to check the video partion so it was filled and click pad blankly and that took the 5-10 min and when i stealth checked it, it gave me an error saying video was there but couldnt tell what disc type it was. I tried burning that anyways, and it didnt work. do you have any other ideas? Thanks a lot. oh, im trying this on crackdown.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

just find a good site that has a working copy. That is really the easiest way.

8. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

i did, i got it from blackcats and it said in the nfo that it was prepatched and stealthed, but when i checked it after extracting it gave me the video failed, no dmi, no pfi, and ss was good. So any suggestions?