1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIDEO EDITING PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by a.l.a.n., Feb 9, 2007.

1. a.l.a.n.

a.l.a.n. Member

Hi, I have posted this question before but maybe I have posted it in the wrong forum, I hope to get a few replies I NEED HELP!
    I am looking for a new PC system. I want to do - Video editing, work with Photoshop for my photies, and I am just getting into Dreamweaver. I am usless at hardware facts. Can some one please, tell me what I need. My definate wants are
    a 19" or bigger monitor
    2 HDs 250+ each
    I believe at least 2gig of ram.
    Firewire card
    Card reader.
    Bottom line is what specs do I need? What is the best makes to get?
    Does anyone know who can build a decent machine like this for me.
    Please I would appreicate if some one could even gove me a list of best hardware i would need.
    I have approx £1000 total to spend.
    Thanks
    Alan

2. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

You need the fastest CPU and biggest memory your budget can stretch to. Look at getting a Core 2 Duo and 2GB+ Memory.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Also, if you are building a computer, make sure that it has firewire built right into the motherboard. No need to get a card, then.

Core duo would be good, with you using Photoshop. Not many programs actually make use of both cores, but Photoshop does, from what I understand.

Windows XP Home Edition doesn't recognize both cores, per se, so if you are going the XP route, get XP Pro. Forget Vista, for a few years. :)

4. a.l.a.n.

a.l.a.n. Member

Thanks for the info , forgot to add to my messege- will I need a powefull graphics card or not?
    Thanks
    Raptor

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Yes, get the best graphics card that you can afford. On most video editing programs, you need a good card for rendering, while you are editing. RAM plays a roll, to a certain extent, too.

Encoding, to make your production DVD compliant, relies on your CPU, so you need the best of both worlds.

6. elokito

elokito Regular member

wow grandpa hold ureself (lol) anyways u need a good video card but u dnt need the best graphics u can afford y? if ure not using big big programs like maya 3d then u dnt need an extrememe video card just get a pci-e card a 7600gt maybe that will be more than enough