1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Editing Software?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by A-Razz, Sep 17, 2003.

1. A-Razz

A-Razz Member

Is there any software (preferably free) that I can use to edit a DVD movie? What I want to do is insert some scenes from the extras back into the movie.

2. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

non free that i know of but some are sonic my dvd that has motion backgrounds and ulead dvd movie factory

3. A-Razz

A-Razz Member

Thanks. I just found TMPGEnc DVD Author and can do some editing with that but will I be able to do what I want with it?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Not really - u may need to use something like Pinnacle Studio 8 or Vegas 4 (though i think its not really suited to you either)

5. akoli

akoli Member

Its not something thats simple to do , I've tried it and there is a steep learning curve on any app that can do what your tryng to.

I'm sure yu can get a 30 trial copy of something to give it a go try Download.com or Zdnet.com but think you'll find its an awful lot harder than just slotting a scene back in !!

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If you convert the movie files to Mpeg first you can use most DV editing software such as Pinnacle to edit, but DVD video files will not be recognised - only Mpeg.